About Duncan Disability Law, S.C.
Practicing Social Security Disability Law in Wisconsin and in Federal Courts Across the Nation.
Why choose us?
For the best disability assistance in Wisconsin trust Duncan Disability Law, S.C. with offices in Nekoosa and La Crosse. We specialize in getting clients Social Security disability benefits, Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation benefits and Elder and Estate law.
Why should you hire Duncan Disability Law to handle your Social Security claim over a “National Social Security” firm?
In addition to the fact that you will be able to talk to real people about your case and deal directly with your lawyer, there are several ways to answer this question:
- First, when you hire DDL, your file will be adequately developed; you will meet and/or speak to your lawyer well before the hearing, not 20 minutes before the time of the hearing.
- Second, when you hire a national firm, you may not get an actual lawyer at your hearing but a non-attorney representative. Lawyers are subject to ethical standards and have a watch-dog agency insuring that they perform their service in a competent manner. A non-attorney representative may do a good job for you but she or he is not subject to any oversight body.
- Third, we know your doctors and medical facilities because we are here, in Wisconsin, and we are known by the medical professionals and medical facilities. Because of this, we know where to look for evidence and how to obtain medical reports.
- Fourth, we know the Administrative Law Judges handling hearings in Wisconsin and Minnesota and are familiar with how they handle evidence, what things they want to hear about and what areas need to be covered by testimony at your hearing.
- Fifth, if information or assistance is required from the district office (your local SSA office), we know the staff and can more easily reach and communicate with your local office’s personnel.
- Sixth, if for some reason you are not awarded benefits at hearing, most national offices will likely end representation and likely leave you scrambling to find representation in Federal Court. At DDL, if your appeal has merit, we can continue representing you at the District Court and Court of Appeals level.
At a time when you are ill, facing financial problems and have few options, do you want to place your faith in a cold, faceless organization? At DDL our mission is to make the Social Security process as easy as possible so you can focus on your health and your life. It is bad enough that SSA reduces you to your Social Security number; you don’t need your lawyer treating you in the same demeaning and impersonal way.
We truly believe justice is the most important aspect of any case and we treat you like a valued client – not a number. Throughout the process, we will update you on the status of your case and advise you on the best legal decisions.
For more information on our services, contact us today.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.